This 40-hour course is a Florida-approved 4-40 designation course, which functions like a pre-licensing course (you must take it before getting your license).
This course waives the State exam! Topics include Automobile, Property Insurance, Office Management, Inland Marine, Crime, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Health Insurance and State Law. Become a licensed insurance property and casualty customer representative without the loss of production income and time. Work at your own pace! Your instructor is available to answer questions by email or with a prior appointment by telephone. The 40 hours of this state-approved course are completely online, designed, and taught to comply with the State requirements for the 4-40 License. After completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion which allows you to apply to the Department of Financial Services for your license. Enrollment is for ninety (90) days which is three (3) months.
Recommended Text: General Lines & Adjusters Printed Manual.
*Please note: Starting in 2019, the "General Lines" and "Adjusters"
manuals were combined. The book cover says "Florida Property &
Casualty Insurance Licensing Study Manual.” Additionally, the title page
says “Florida General Lines Agent, Personal Lines Agent, Adjuster, and
Industrial Fire & Burglary Study Manual.” Rest assured, it is the correct manual for Customer Representatives too!
Course Provider: OnLine Training Inc., in partnership with a Florida state college
FLDFS Provider #: 366468
Course Approval #: 94898
Course Title: Florida 40hr (4-40) Registered Customer Service Representative Designation Course
Course Number: INS005FL40
Course Description: The 40-hour "completely online" Registered Customer Service Representative pre-licensing course is designed to meet the requirements set forth by the Florida Department of Financial Services for the Registered Customer Service Representative. Successful completion of this course leads to a 4-40 RCSR license.
This course is designed to be completed at your own pace, online. The course consists of ten units. Each unit is graded separately. There is also a final exam at the end of the course. The lessons are grades don't count toward your final grade. Unit exams combined together are worth 50% of your final grade and the final exam is the other 50%. In order to pass the course, you must achieve a final average grade of at least 70%. After passing the course, a Certificate of Completion will be issued online or mailed to you from the college. Passing this course exempts you from the state exam.
The Registered Customer Service Representative Designation course includes the following ten units: Unit One addresses Insurance Concepts and the Insurance Contract. Unit Two explores Ethics, Office Management, and Customer Relations. Unit Three discusses Personal and Business Automobile Insurance. Unit Four covers Residential Property Insurance, Personal Article Floaters, Flood Insurance, and Excess Policies. Unit Five includes Commercial Property Insurance. Unit Six covers Casualty/Liability Insurance and the Commercial General Policy. Unit Seven includes Workers Compensation, Crime, and Surety Bonds. Unit Eight contains Inland and Ocean Marine. Unit Nine addresses Health Insurance and Residual Markets, and Unit Ten deals with Florida Statutes.
Course Length: 90 days with one thirty-day extension at no additional cost. Fees will apply for additional extensions. (If you signed up through a Florida college, the college may have their own policy regarding course extensions.)
Step 1 - You must be:
- A natural person at least 18 years of age.
- A resident of the state of Florida.
- A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [ Click here for more information ]
- Not hold a resident license in another state.
Step 2 - Must have the following prerequisite(s) before applying:
- Within the last 4 years, awarded one of the following department approved designations:
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) from the Society of Certified Insurance Service Counselors
- Certified Insurance Representative (CIR) from the All-Lines Training provider
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) from the Society of Certified Insurance Service Representatives
- Certified Professional Service Representative (CPSR) from the National Foundation for CPSR
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) from the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters
- Professional Customer Service Representative (PCSR) from the Professional Career Institute
- Registered Customer Service Representative (RCSR) from an Accredited Postsecondary Institution in this State
- Earned an associate degree or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university when the degree includes at least 9 credit hours of insurance instruction with specific instruction in property, casualty, and inland marine insurance curriculum, or the equivalent. An official transcript is required.
Course Goals: The goal of the online Registered Customer Service Representative course is for the learner to increase their knowledge and understanding of the Insurance Industry and the selling and servicing of insurance policies so they can successfully complete the course and obtain the Registered Customer Service Representative designation.
Course Outcome: The student will pass the final exam with a score of 70% or higher. This course results in an exemption from the state licensing exam and has been approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Author Biography: Jan Bradburn has developed curriculum and taught classes at private schools in Florida for 15 years before moving into the insurance industry. She taught pre-licensing in the classroom for several years before moving into the virtual classroom at OnLine Training. She holds a 2-20 General Lines Agent Insurance license and is currently employed as a Training Manager for a major P&C insurer.
69B-211.320 Curriculum Standards for Special Designation - RCSR
Topic Online Course Hours
At least 26 hours in:
1. Automobile Insurance
Personal Auto Unit 3 2
Business Auto Policy Unit 3 1
Garage Insurance Unit 3 .5
Florida Auto Laws (Financial Responsibility and No Fault) Unit 3 2
2. General Liability
General Liability Insurance Unit 6 2
3. Property Insurance
Personal Insurance Coverage Unit 4 1
Commercial Property Insurance Unit 5 2
Flood Insurance Unit 4 .5
4. Package Policies
Homeowners Insurance Unit 4 1
Commercial Package Policies Unit 5 2
5. Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation Unit 7 2
Crime General Provisions Unit 7 1
Crime Plans Coverage Forms (A-G) Unit 7 1
7. Surety Bonds
Surety Insurance Unit 7 1
Inland Marine (Personal) Unit 8 1
Inland Marine (Commercial) Unit 8 1
Health Insurance Unit 9 1
Disability Insurance Unit 9 1
Medicare Supplement Unit 9 1
10. Residual Markets
FAJUA Unit 9 .25
WCJUA Unit 9 .25
FWJUA Unit 9 .25
FRPCJUA Unit 9 .25
11. Agent Licensing Requirements
Agent Responsibilities Unit 10 .25
Change of Address Unit 10 .25
Continuing Education Unit 10 .25
License Renewal Unit 10 .25
12. Basic Florida Insurance Principals, Concepts and Laws
Insurance Terms and Concepts Unit 1 3
At least 8 hours in:
Ethics Unit 2 3
Office Management Unit 2 3
Customer Relations Unit 2 2
10 Unit Quizzes 20-30 minutes each 4
Final Exam 2 hours 2